Installing the JDK 8 (Java SE Development Kit version 8)
- Before installing the JDK 8 you may want to remove whatever other version of Java you already have installed.
- To see if you have Java installed, and if so, what version you have, follow these instructions.
- You can find the JDK 8 installer for your computer HERE.
- If that link above no longer works, you can also just Google: “Java JDK 8” and it should be the first link in the search results.
Either way, if you’re at the right place you should see what’s below on the page:
- Click “Accept License Agreement”
- Click the link for the installer that’s right for your computer.
- Once downloaded, dbl-click the EXE (dmg on mac) and follow any instructions.
- Java: JDK 8 should now be installed.
- If you check what version of Java is installed using the command line (terminal on a mac), you should see a message that looks like this: